VEGETABLE STEW PROPERTIES
How to prepare a vegetable stew
VEGETABLE STEW RECIPE
Photo of vegetable stew
- 1 Onion cut into half moons
- 2 Carrots washed, peeled and cut into chunks, 2 fingers
- Leek cut like carrots
- 3 Artichokes cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- A unsalted roasted sunflower seeds.
- � cup water
- With a little oil, saute the onion with a pinch of salt.
- Add the vegetables: leeks, carrots, artichokes, vinegar and stir 3 minutes, uncovered.
- Add the sun flower seeds and � cup water.
- Cover and cook over low-medium for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- During the last 5 minutes of cooking we can uncover and allow to evaporate a little water if we like it drier.
Properties of vegetable stew
This dish is ideal for children and adults. It represents a different way to eat vegetables that the whole family will appreciate.
With this method, the different ingredients add all their flavors and this preparation acquires a mild and pleasant texture.
Very suitable for weight loss diets. Often we propose a "diet" based on salads and cooked vegetables with little variety of colors and flavors. This vegetable stew can be an alternative to these boring meals.
There is a variety of stews, called "Nishime", a dish of Japanese origin. It combine sweet root vegetables, like squash, parsnips, carrots, onions and sweet potatoes flavored with a cinnamon stick, and soy sauce. A satiating gift to widen our gourmet range!
More information about pumpkin and nutrition in the listing above
|*Related information: More information about pumpkin|
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.