Diet helicobacter pylory
What to eat for gastritis due to Helicobacter pylory
HELICOBACTER PYLORY GASTRITIS DIET
What is gastritis caused by bacteria?
How this type of gastritis should be treated?
Helicobacter pylori infection should be checked by a doctor at all times to prevent complications of the disease. The treatment is based on antibiotics and stomach protectors.
Can diet help the medical treatment?
Yes. Diet for Helicobacter is complementary to medical treatment. It consists of an adequate diet with easily digestible food to avoid stomach pain, and thus reduce inflammation and gastric distress.
What kind of food is recommended in cases of gastritis by Helicobacter?
A general guidelines for diet when Helicobacter infection exists is the following:
- Chew your food a lot to facilitate and shorten the digestion time. If chewing becomes difficult, perform a liquid or soft diet (purees, boiled, etc.)
- Do not take too hot food or tea.
- Soft cooking: steamed, boiled, mashed potatoes, soups, etc. juicy textures, stews, soups, purees,... Avoid sauteed, roasted, grilled or very dry or undercooked foods.
- If you do not have olive oil, unrefined oils are recommended (first cold pressing)
- Drink water throughout the day, especially between meals, to dilute stomach acid and reduce acidity.
- Do not eat abundant meals if you go hungry between meals, eat more often, but not to feel completely full
More information on gastritis in the listing above
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.