REMEDIES FOR GLAUCOMA
(Home remedies for glaucoma)
How to cure glaucoma with natural products
Phytotherapy: Herbal remedies for glaucoma
The primary role of phytotherapy in the treatment of glaucoma involves the use of a number of plants whose primary objectives will be the following:
- Anti- hypertensive plants that can lower intraocular pressure.
Internal use preparations for glaucoma
- Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare) (Decoction of 40 g. of seeds per liter of water. Take one or 2 cups daily)
- Mistletoe: It's a very effective anti-hypertensive, useful for the treatment of glaucoma, when it responds to circulatory reasons. (Infusion of a teaspoonful of dried plant per cup of water. Take this cup twice daily.)
- Kumquat: (Fortunella spp) Kumquat flavonoids, which are found mainly in the skin of this fruit, have antidiabetic properties. This is demonstrated in a study that was daily administered to diabetic rats. The results showed that mice fed with kumquat reduced their blood sugar levels. Kumquats also help prevent complications for diabetic patients as cataracts, glaucoma and hypertension. (Eat the fruits including the skin)
- Bilberry / Blueberry (Vaccinium myrtillus) for its richness in antioxidants it is ideal for the eye to be able to capture the low light - night blindness - and vision disorders such as glaucoma or myopia. (Take capsules of this plant bought in pharmacies or herbalists in doses according to prospectus)
External use preparations for glaucoma
- Elder (Sambucus nigra) It has been a traditional remedy for what has been called "evil eye" (Make eye washes with infusion of a handful of flowers per liter of water. Apply a gauze over the eyes). (Do not use in case of allergic conjunctivitis or hay fever)
- Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare) (Decoction of 40 g. of seeds per liter of water. Wet your eyes with a towel)
- Eyebright (Euphrasia officinalis) It has been used for many years to treat eye diseases. Avoid eye watering and reduces inflammation of the eyes. (Make an infusion with 2 tablespoonfuls of the plant in half a liter of water. Allow to cool and apply a wet gauze over his eyes)
More information about glaucoma and its natural treatment in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.