Suitable vitamins and minerals for heart health
SUPPLEMENTS FOR HEART HEALTH
Supplements for myocardial infarctum or other heart diseases can help prevent them or help to complete the standard medical treatment.
Do not forget that we must consult the doctor about the use of these supplements, especially if we are taking any medication.
Good vitamin supplements for your heart
Among the main vitamin supplements we have:
- Vitamin A: with antioxidant properties may help prevent the oxidation of artery walls, which favors the development of atherosclerosis. The usual dose is set at 20,000 IU as beta carotene.
- Vitamin C with bioflavonoids: With antioxidant properties helps to keep artery walls healthy. The usual dose is usually about 500 mg of vitamin C and bioflavonoid 300 divided into two doses daily.
- Vitamin C: It constitutes, along with the previous ones, a good antioxidant. It prevents the hardening of the arteries. A standard dose of 100 IU which will gradually increase until 2000 is often indicated, divided in two doses. It can produce diarrhea, in which case one has to leave the treatment.
- Vitamin E: It prevents the oxidation of low density cholesterol and adherence to the arteries. The usual dose is set at 400 IU daily. It can interfere with blood thinners so it has to be consulted with the doctor.
- Folic acid (Vitamin B): It has been shown that folic acid can counteract the negative influence of homocysteine and prevent many cardiovascular diseases.
Folic acid along with other components of the vitamin B group (cobalamin and pyridoxine) neutralize homocysteine, one of the factors that determine poor circulation. (In people with high levels of homocysteine in the blood, an intake of 400-800 mcg daily, combined with the same amount of pyridoxine and cobolamin could prevent the emergence of many myocardial infarctions)
Good mineral supplements for heart health
- Calcium and magnesium: Calcium prevents osteoporosis and prevents that the calcium extracted by the organism adheres to the arteries. The magnesium helps to assimilate calcium and prevents the cardiac arrhythmia.
The usual doses settle down in about 800 daily mgs of the first by about 400 daily mgs of the second. In case of renal problems consult the doctor.
- Selenium: Selenium protects the heart by reducing blood pressure. On the other hand reduces pain in attacks of angina pectoris. The usual dose is set to about 100 mg daily.
Medicinal plant supplements for heart
- White hawthorn (Crataegus oxyacantha) : Standard supplements of white hawthorn can help prevent heart attacks, improve circulation and lower blood pressure
Photo of white hawthorn flowers
- Soy lechitin (Glycine max): It reduces cholesterol and helps break the plates of the arteries. It can be taken in capsules or granules. The usual dose is set to one or two tablespoons a day and a couple of capsules per day.
- Flaxseed oil (Linum usitatissimum): The wealth of flaxseed in alpha-linolenic acidand other unsaturated fatty acids protects the heart, preventing angina pectoris, atherosclerosis and lowering cholesterol.
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale) It thins the blood, prevents thrombus formation and lowers blood pressure (Take 3 capsules of 250 mg per day, divided between meals)
Other supplements to keep your heart healthy
- Maitake: The ability to thin the blood and prevent clot formation makes many very good ally against heart disease, such as heart attacks. (Take a combination of reishi and maitake in capsule form under the terms of the information leaflet)
- Fish Oil: Fish oil supplements may be useful when the person does not eat a couple of meals with fish weekly. Like flax oil, it contains omega3 fatty acids that help lower LDL cholesterol.
More information on heart and its natural treatment.
26 April, 2019