Carrot, a highly nutritional food
NUTRITIONAL BENEFITS OF CARROTS
What are carrots?
Carrot is the root of carrot plant (Daucus carota)
Carrots are elongated thick roots, buried underground. They are deep orange, having the same color that the skin inside.
They have a mild, sweet flavor.
What are the main nutrients of carrots? Composition of carrots
As an energy source, 100 grams of carrots provide 43 kcal.
Their proportion of nutrients is divided into:
Vitamins and minerals in carrots
Carrots are rich in potassium, magnesium, phosphorus and calcium.
They are rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B3 and vitamin B9 and they contain small amounts of other B vitamins.
Nutritional characteristics of carrot
Photo of carrots
- It has a high water content.
- It gives us energy in the form of calories, which help us to maintain vitality.
- It contains little fat, but of high quality and with many health health benefits.
- It is high in carbohydrates, especially starches.
- It has an important content in fiber.
- It helps to remove toxins from our body, because it contains potassium.
- It helps maintain our brain function in good state, because it contains phosphorus. In addition, together with calcium, it maintains the balance of the formation of strong bones.
Slices of tomato, cucumber and lettuce, decorated with carrot slices on the cucumber.
- Because of its magnesium content, it helps the contraction and relaxation of muscles.
- Having a lot of B vitamins, particularly vitamin B3 and vitamin B9, it helps us get energy from fat, protein and carbohydrate intake to properly grow and maintain our defenses in good condition.
- It protects the skin and helps keep it healthy, because of vitamin A.
- It protects us from colds and helps heal wounds, because it contains vitamin C.
- It protects us from toxins and aging, Because of vitamin A and vitamin C.
Carrots in the kitchen
More information about other foods and nutrition.
|*Related information: More information about carrots|
2 January, 2022