How to make quinoa with pumpkin and cumin to loose weight
QUINOA WITH ONIONS, PUMPKIN AND CUMIN RECIPE
Suggested way of serving quinoa with pumpkin and cumin
– 1 cup quinoa (for 2 people)
– Water or vegetable broth: Double the amount of quinoa (2 glasses)
– 300 – 500g. pumpkin
– Medium zucchini
– 1 artichoke
– Green pepper
– Red pepper
– 1 onion
– 2 cloves garlic, cut on sheets
– 1 teaspoon of cumin
How to make it
First the sauce is cooked apart from quinoa. Sauce needs time to brown, and quinoa is done very quickly. If quinoa is too cooked, it will melt, so it is cooked apart and at the end of the recipe.
Recipe of fried vegetables (20 minutes)
– Cut the vegetables into cubes
– Put oil in a pan and start cooking the onions, peppers and garlic with a pinch of salt over medium heat for 5 minutes.
– Add the squash, zucchini, artichokes and cook until tender over medium heat.
– Add the cumin and stir.
Preparing quinoa (15 minutes)
– How to measure quinoa: 1 cup 200cc. serves for 2 people. (Quinoa doubles in size when cooked)
– Clean the quinoa with the help of a colander under running water to remove impurities.
– Place in a pot 1 cup quinoa and twice the amount of water or broth with salt.
– Cook over medium heat for about 14 minutes, with lid (to prevent water from evaporating)
– DO NOT cook on high heat and do not stir too much as the grain of quinoa is very delicate and can break easily. If you boil too long, quinoa can break and lose its consistency.
– DO NOT remove water, because water measure is alright. If we have some left, We will let stand until the quinoa can absorb it.
– After following these instructions, quinoa grain should be loose and well cooked. Carefully (without removing too much, to avoid it breaking), pour the quinoa into the fried vegetables, throw a pinch of salt and stir.
– Turn off the heat of the vegetables and let them stand for 10 minutes so that quinoa can absorb the flavor of roasted vegetables.
– Serve as a main dish.
What does this quinoa recipe bring me?
It mainly provides carbohydrates, with a high content of important nutrients for operating the (amino acids and essential fatty acids) nervous system. Very suitable for people with stress, anxiety, depression, etc., and to maintain muscles in good health (recommended for athlete’s diet).
Properties added to this recipe because of the other vegetables:
Ideal recipe for all kinds of healthy diets and suitable for coeliacs.
More information about onions recipes, nutritional values and medicinal properties.