RECIPES WITH OATS
SEED BREAD WITH BIRDSEEDS
Ingredients for 2 breads:
CS = Tablespoon **
– CS 1 of yeast
– ½ CS sugar
– 1 ½ cups warm water
– ¾ cups milk
– 3 tbsp of honey
– 2 CS melted butter or margarine
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 3 CS birdseed
– 1 tablespoon cornstarch or cornmeal
– ½ cup rolled oats
– ½ cup of oatmeal
– 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
– 3 ½ cups bread flour
– Dissolve yeast in warm water and ½ of sugar.
– Add salt, honey and melted margarine or butter.
– Add all seeds, cornmeal and oatmeal. Sift and stir the whole wheat flour and oatmeal.
– Mix well and sift the wheat flour for bread. Knead by hand or mixer. More or less flour can be added according to the desired texture.
– Pour the mixture in a bowl sprayed with oil and cover it with a clean cloth.
– Let the mixture stand until having doubled in volume. This bread is very heavy and may take some time, if we place it near a heater (for example), it will take less time. So, this may take 40-50 minutes.
– Train loaves of desired size in other container, and re-cover and leave to rise again.
– Preheat oven to 180 º C.
– Bake at 180 º C for 30-40 minutes or until golden. We can see that the bread is cooked when the container bottom “sounds hollow” when tapped.
More information about oats.
11 August, 2021