(How to make whole rice with vegetables
WHOLE RICE WITH VEGETABLES RECIPE
– 1 cup of brown rice
– 2 and ½ glasses of water
– 1 red pepper
– ½ Pumpkin
– 1 onion
– 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder
– 1 bay leaf
– Pinch of salt
How to prepare whole rice with vegetables
– Wash the rice.
– In a saucepan, bring 2 cups water to boil with a little salt.
– When the water starts to boil, pour the rice, lower the heat and cover. The rice will take about 40 minutes to cook. It is important not to uncover the pot continuously, to prevent water vapor from escaping.
– Cut the onion into cubes.
– Wash and cut the pepper and squash into cubes.
– In a skillet, saute the onion with olive oil, a little salt and a bay leaf for 10 minutes over medium heat.
– Add the pepper, squash and stir.
– When the rice is cooked, add the fried vegetables. If we respect the proportion of 1 cup rice 2 cups water, straining it should not be necessary, since it is just enough water to cook.
– Remove the rice and cover for 10 minutes.
– Serve as a main dish.
Nutritional properties of whole rice with vegetables
Brown rice with vegetables is a healthy main dish that can be present in any balanced and healthy diet.
It brings slow absorption carbohydrates from the whole grain, which provides energy and satiety for the entire afternoon.
Vegetables provide color and flavor to the recipe, and the properties of the flavonoids, that are plant antioxidants that protect cardiovascular health and improve the health status of the organism. Some of these components are beta carotene in pumpkin, lycopene in peppers or quercetin in onions.
We recommend this delicious recipe for children, youth and adults, as it provides all the energy needed for growth and for everyday tasks.
More information about onions recipes, nutritional values and medicinal properties.