What is celery good for?
CELERY NUTRITIONAL BENEFITS
What is celery?
It consists of a few long stems with leaves at the ends.
The stem is yellow or green, depending on how sweet it is.
The leaves may be green or yellow.
What are the main nutrients of celery? Composition of celery
As an energy source, 100 grams of celery give us 16 kilocalories.
Their proportion of nutrients is divided into:
Vitamins and minerals in celery
Minerals: It is a vegetable rich in vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin B9, including B vitamins and vitamin E.
Nutritional characteristics of celery
Photo of celery
- Celery has a very high water content that prevents us from being dehydrated.
- It provides little energy.
- It contains very little fat and little protein.
- Sugars content is very low
- It has a moderate fiber content.
- It helps us to remove toxins from our body, because it contains potassium.
- Its calcium content together with phosphorus, maintains the balance of the formation of strong bones.
- Because of its magnesium content, it helps the contraction and relaxation of muscles.
- For its vitamin B9, it helps us to grow properly.
- It protects the skin and helps keep it healthy, because it contains vitamin A.
- It protects us from colds and helps us heal wounds, because it contains vitamin C.
- It protects us from the toxins and aging, because it contains vitamin A, C, E, zinc and selenium.
Celery in the kitchen
More information about other foods and nutrition.
|*Related information: More information about celery|
19 November, 2021