Natural treatment for dry eyes
PLANT REMEDIES FOR DRY EYES
Phytotherapy: Herbal remedies to cure dry eyes
The primary role of phytotherapy in the treatment of dry eye involves the use of a number of plants which primary objective is:
- Anti-inflammatory plants, used as compresses or baths, reduce eye strain
- Plants that provide the nutrients necessary for the proper functioning of the eyes.
- Plants that can be used as eye drops to add moisture to the eyes.
External use plant preparations for dry eyes
- Mallow: (Mallow sylvestris) Make some tea with a teaspoon of dried plant per cup of water. Let cool and strain. Apply as eye drops for sore eyes.
Mallow infusion is very good to clean and reduce eyes inflammation
- Artichoke: (Cynara scolymus) Artichoke decoction helps to strengthen the eyes and can serve as natural drops in cases of dry eye. (Boil for 10 minutes a couple of tablespoons of dried leaves in a pint of water. Cool and color. Apply a compress to the liquid to enhance eye health. Apply eye drops to increase the humidity of the eye)
- Chamomile: (Matricaria chamomilla) Infusion of half a teaspoon of dried flowers per cup of water. Cool, filter and apply eye drops. Do not apply in case of allergy to Compositae.
Baths and compresses for the eyes:
- Potatoes: (Solanum tuberosum) The application of a raw slice of potato on the tired and irritated eyes helps reduce inflammation. Do not eat raw potatoes.
- Plantain: (Plantago major) An eye bath made with the liquid from the decoction for 1 / 4 of an hour of 5 tablespoons of dried leaves per liter of water is a good remedy to relieve the tired, red eyes, those inflamed by too much work, reading, or conjunctivitis.
Plantain decoctions are very good to treat dry eyes
- Cucumbers: (Cucumis sp) One of the many interesting applications of the cucumber is its ability to relax tired eyes, moisturize and relieve redness. The application of a pair of fresh-cut slices on the eyelids, is a good natural eye drops and a good solution to reduce the swelling antiedematosa after a busy day or long night of partying.
- Tea: (Camellia sinensis) Reduces the inflammation and let your eyes rest. (Apply wet compresses with infusion of a spoonful of dried plant per cup water). (A good trick to relax your eyes and prevent redness caused by conjunctivitis is to apply the same bag of tea infusion over your closed eyes for 10 minutes)
Related information: Eye health and food
23 September, 2022