How to prepare quinoa au pesto
QUINOA AU PESTO WITH ALMONDS
Photography of quinoa au pesto with almond and basil
For the pesto sauce:
– A bunch of fresh basil
– Raw almonds peeled
– 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
– 100ml. of extra virgin olive oil
– Crush with a mortar or blender pesto ingredients.
– Boil the quinoa for 14 minutes.
– Optional: garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Properties of quinoa au pesto
It is an energetic and very nutritious recipe. It gives us mainly carbohydrates, from Quinoa, but with a high content of essential amino acids important to the functioning of the nervous system. (More)
Pesto is a source of healthy fats because it contains extra virgin olive oil and almonds, with appropriate anti-inflammatory properties to help prevent the pain of arthritis and menstrual pain, for example.
Because of the high mineral content of almonds, it is a basifying recipe rich in magnesium and suitable for treating autoimmune diseases (where there is, in general, a magnesium deficiency), and for treating fatigue, fibromyalgia and bone health.
* Related information: Mediterranean diet characteristics.
More information about Mediterranean diet.
22 April, 2019