- 1 Cucumber properties
Cucumbers for your skin health
It contributes all its oils and hydration, necessary to soften and rehydrate this organ.
Masks with cucumber help improve the appearance of the skin, giving back all the freshness and texture that is lost as a result of environmental aggression or aging itself.
Main properties of cucumbers
Cucumber to treat burns, sunburns and frostbite
|A good way to carry out a softening cream after being in the sun for a long time consists on crushing a couple of cucumbers with a blender and extending the crushed pulp in form of cream on the red skin during half an hour or so.|
This same treatment is very appropriate to alleviate skins suffering from skin spots, face blemishes, oily skin, dermatitis, rosacea, seborrheic dermatitis or fire burns.
The application of this pasta on faces affected by juvenile acne improves their aspect and reduces the number of pimples
Cucumber in cosmetic treatments
Besides the emollient properties for the skin, it is necessary to mention their cosmetic properties. In this way it can be very suitable for:
- Oily skin: Cucumber is convenient because it helps to neutralize the fat that accompanies acne, and prevent the appearance of pimples.
- Face spots: It has a great capacity to soften the skin and to diminish the spots of the skin, age spots or freckles. (Crushing a cucumber and applying the juice on a face spot can help to clear it)
- Wrinkles: It can contribute to improve and rejuvenate the skin resemblance.
Its external application reduces wrinkles better than most other creams on the market, even the most expensive ones.
It contains water and antioxidants, which hydrate the skin and delay the degradation of hyaluronic acid and elastin, substances that make the skin does not lose its elasticity.
How to remove your wrinkles with a cucumber mask
A very appropriate cosmetic preparation to remove the wrinkles is stated in John Heinerman’s ” Encyclopedia of vegetable Fruits and Herbs”, describing a simple remedy used by Cleopatra, the famous queen in Egypt:
CLEOPATRA’S CUCUMBER MASK RECIPE
|Ingredients:2 cucumbers, cut in slices without peeling.|
How to make it:
Mix the ingredients with the blender. Cool during 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
How to apply this mask:
Clean the face and the neck with lemon and, without drying it, apply during one hour and a half a mask on the face and the neck. Clean it with milk cream, applying it in circular rubbings and allow it to dry to the air.
For all these reasons, cucumbers are frequently used in the manufacture of creams for the care of the skin, especially for the manufacture of masks.
Remedies with cucumber for your eyes and feet
- Tired eyes: Another of the very interesting applications of cucumbers is their capacity to relax your tired eyes, to humidify and alleviate them . The application of a couple of recently cut slices on the lids is a good natural eyewash and a good solution to reduce the swelling after a hard work day or long nightly party. This remedy can also be used to cure conjunctivitis, bags under the eyes, or to prevent cataracts.
- Tired feet: It is one of the best natural relaxers, ideal to rest your feet and avoid the pain that occurs after long walks in the countryside or on the streets of the city with unsuitable shoes (Crush unpeeled cucumbers with the blender and put them to cool in the refrigerator. Pour the pulp into a basin and place the feet inside)
Other curative remedies with cucumber
Cucumbers have traditionally been used to expel the intestinal worms and tapeworms. This remedy is carried out in form of purges with mashed seeds mixed with sugar that should be taken before any meal.
More information on cucumber
15 October, 2021