Herbal treatment of sinusitis
Phytotherapy: Herbal teas to treat sinusitis
Phytotherapy in the treatment of sinusitis is based on the use of a number of plants with the following properties:
- Anti inflammatory plants, designed to reduce inflammation in the lining of the sinuses.
- Anti microbial plants will help eliminate the microorganisms causing the infection.
- Plans to increase the immunity and make the body more resistant to infection.
Internal use medicinal plants for sinusitis
- Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus globulus) Suitable for swollen sinuses and facilitate the disposal of excessive mucus. (Decoction of a handful of leaves. Aspirate vapors covering his head with a cloth.)
- Mallow (Malva sylvestris) It has bactericidal properties (10-minute infusion of a spoonful of flowers per cup of water. 4 cups per day.)
- Chamomile (Matricaria camomile) With anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties, it is capable of reduce swollen sinuses and remove germs that cause inflammation (Dilute a few drops of essential oil in a couple of liters of hot water and inhale the vapor)
- Echinacea (Echinacea spp) It favors to increase immunity. (1000 mg of supplements of echinacea divided in 5 daily doses)
- Agrimony (Agrimonia eupatoria) Agrimony is a good remedy for the improvement of sinusitis. (Pour 60 drops of fluid extract per liter of water. Absorb part of the liquid through the nose until it reaches the mouth and expel it outside. Do not swallow.)
- Cat’s claw (Uncaria tomentosa) By encouraging immunity, it may be interesting for the treatment of this disease. (A couple of cups of the decoction for 10 minutes of a teaspoon of dried plant per cup of water) (Take supplements of the plant according to the patient information leaflet conditions)
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale) (Infusion of a teaspoon of dried root per cup of water. Take a couple of glasses a day. Add the juice of half a lemon to enhance its value.)
- Lemon tree (Citrus limonum) Lemon has very prominent antibacterial components, moreover, lemon and ginger, served piping hot, help thinning your sinuses and reduce fever, especially if you add a spoonful of honey.
- Cypress (Cupressus sempervirens) Suitable for swollen sinuses since it facilitates the disposal of excessive mucus. (Inhale hot water vapor in which about 8 drops of essential oil were dissolved)
- Juniper (Juniperus communis) Juniper has expectorant properties because of its wealth in terpenes and terpenoids. It is also a good antiseptic and antispasmodic. This makes it suitable to remedy respiratory ailments like common cold, bronchitis, sinusitis or pharyngitis (One tablespoon of dried berries per liter of water for 15 minutes. Drink throughout the day, sweetened with honey)
- Pine (Pinus sylvestris) The inhalation of hot steam in which we have dissolved a few drops of essential oil of pine needles are useful to reduce inflammation in the sinuses.
- Verbena (Verbena officinalis) (Poultice with the chopped plant mixed with the white of an egg. Put in on a piece of cloth and place on the affected area overnight.)
More information about remedies for sinusitis.
25 March, 2021