- 1 Benefits of fruit on an empty stomach or at breakfast
- 2 DOES FRUIT FASTING HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT?
Benefits of fruit on an empty stomach or at breakfast
DOES FRUIT FASTING HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT?
Benefits of fruit fasting
Fruits are a group of natural foods that are very abundant and diverse in nature. There are many myths about fruit consumption. A very widespread theory is that it is harmful to eat them after meals, being better to consume on an empty stomach.
Benefits of eating fruit on an empty stomach
Fruit on an empty stomach is beneficial because it is a light food that falls well on the stomach. Also, depending on the fruit, it has some added beneficial properties.
Among the main benefits:
- They are hydrating foods.
- They provide vitamins, minerals and other phytochemicals.
- Citrus fruit fasting, such as lemon and orange, stimulate the liver.
- It provides a pleasant sweet taste and a little energy that is easy to digest and quick to assimilate.
Can people with diabetes eat the fruit on an empty stomach?
People with diabetes can eat the fruit on an empty stomach even if they have this disease. This is because the sugar in fruit is different from added sugar.
To lower the glycemic index of fruits, it is recommended to combine them with foods rich in fiber, fat or protein.
Fruit breakfast ingredients
- Fresh and seasonal fruits.
- Cinnamon powder, carob flour and/or pure cocoa powder.
- Optional: flax seeds, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, etc.
- Fruit does not have any harmful components for the stomach, nor do citrus fruits.
Benefits of carob hot chocolate
Among the benefits of eating fruit for breakfast or fasting we can mention:
- The fruit is easily digestible, low in fat and protein.
- Improves digestive health due to its antioxidant properties, its soluble fiber and its prebiotic effect.
- It is very rich in vitamins.
Other myths about fruits
It is a myth that fruit after meals is bad. There are many myths about fruits that are false and that it is convenient to disprove so that people consume these healthy foods “without guilt”: fruits cannot be compared to sugar, fruit does not ferment in the stomach, it can be eaten at any time of the day, fruit is not fattening, obviously you can eat fruit in menopause without gaining weight and a yogurt for dessert is not “better” than a fruit.
More information on fruits and food myths
3 December, 2021