CONTRAINDICATIONS OF TAMARIND
What does tamarind contain?
– Phytochemicals: tartaric acid (8-12%), citric acid, malic acid, heterocyclic compounds:
– thiazoles, flavonols: vitexin, orientin, isoorientin, isovitexin;
– terpenes: geranial, geraniol, piperitone, limonene,
– aromatic compounds: safrole, cinnamic aldehyde, methyl salicylate, cresol, alkaloid hordenine.
What are the contraindications of Tamarind?
– People taking aspirin: Tamarind increases the absorption of aspirin, so it may increase the risk of bleeding.
– Pregnant and lactant women and infants: there are no scientific studies that support the safe use of this plant in women during pregnancy and lactation. Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should not take tamarind without consulting their doctor.
More information about tamarind.