Herbal remedies for retinal detachment
How to treat retinal detachment with medicinal plants
The natural treatment for retinal detachment involves the use of a range of natural resources that will help prevent this disorder or facilitate its healing.
Before applying any remedy, it is essential a medical consultation with the doctor or specialist if your think you have suffered it or you could be prone to suffer it.
Phytotherapy: Herbal remedies for retinal detachment
The primary role of phytotherapy in the treatment of retinal detachment involves the use of a number of plants with the following objectives:
– Anti- hypertensive plants that could lower intraocular pressure.
– Anti-diabetic plants for the treatment of diabetes
Among all the possible plants, we can include the following:
Internal use preparations for retinal detachment
– Bilberry/Blueberry (Vaccinium myrtillus) Because of its richness in antioxidants, it is ideal for the eye to be able to capture the low light – night blindness – and vision disorders such as glaucoma, retinal detachment or myopia. (It can be taken in capsules, bought in pharmacies or herbalists’ in doses according to the patient’s leaflet)
– Blackberries (Rubus fruticosus) Because of its vitamin C, its anti-inflammatory properties and its ability to remove fluids, which helps lower blood pressure, it can be a preventive remedy for this disorder. (Eat berries from time to time)
– Hawthorn (Crataegus monogyna) Hawthorn preparations are effective in improving blood circulation and lower blood pressure (Infusion of a teaspoonful of mixture of dried leaves and flowers twice a day)
External use preparations for retinal detachment
– Elder (Sambucus nigra) It has been a traditional remedy for what has been called “evil eye” (Make eye washes with the infusion of a handful of flowers per liter of water. Apply a gauze over the eyes). (Do not use in case of allergic conjunctivitis or hay fever)
– Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare) (Decoction of 40 g. of seeds per liter of water. Wet your eyes with a towel)
– Euphrasia (Euphrasia officinalis) It has been used for many years to treat eye diseases. It avoid eye watering and reduces inflammation of the eyes. (Make an infusion with 2 tablespoons of the plant in half a liter of water. Allow to cool and apply a wet gauze over your eyes)
More information about retinal detachment and its natural treatment.
Remedies for retinal detachment
6 April, 2020