How much creatine can be taken each day?
How do you usually take creatine?
Generally creatine is taken in the form of creatine monohydrate. Creatine monohydrate looks like a crystalline powder, like sugar.
This powder is taken with water or mixed with meals.
What dose is usually taken of creatine?
Depending on its purpose, different doses of creatine are usually taken. The most common are:
- For athletes: You start with a daily loading dose of about 20 g daily divided into four times (4 teaspoons of 5 g each)
- This dose is maintained between 5 and 7 days.
- Later, it is usually reduced to a dose of 10 g daily divided into two doses (two teaspoons a day every two days, without exceeding 5 days a week)
- A treatment of 3 weeks per month is usually applied for two consecutive months and afterwards, it is usually rested for another month.
Dosage of creatine for diseases
- For heart failure: Usually a total of 20 g daily divided into four doses of 5 g each. The treatment usually lasts between 5 and 10 days.
- For Parkinson’s: About 10 g daily divided into two doses of 5 g each for as long as the specialist considers necessary.
- For muscular dystrophy: The same dose that is usually used as for Parkinson’s, in adults, and half in children.
You have to make sure you must drink a lot of water
It is important to keep in mind that you need to drink a lot of water when you take this supplement. (At least a couple of liters a day)
More information on creatine
11 July, 2019