Health benefits of carrot cream
Carrot cream properties
The benefits of carrots is the extraordinary amount of beta carotene, orange pigments with antioxidant properties that improve the health of the digestive mucosa and, when consumed regularly, protect against the onset of cancer, especially of lung, mouth and stomach.
Whom is carrot cream good for?
The benefits of carrot for the skin, eyes, digestive system and cardiovascular system, make this recipe is suitable for people with gastritis, digestive ulcers (do not take too hot), skin problems, vision problems, constipation and diseases heart.
Ingredients of carrot cream
Suggested recipe. Cream of carrot soup with pumpkin seeds.
– Optional: 2 tablespoons tablespoons turmeric (Turmeric is a spice that gives a lot of color and has a mild flavor. Although it is hardly noticeable, it provides many medicinal properties.)
Preparing the cream of carrot
It is initially recommended to prepare vegetables, cleaned and chopped:
- Cut the onion into half moons.
- Wash and peel the carrots. Cut into medium pieces.
- Wash and peel the potatoes, cut into cubes.
To make the cream of carrot:
- Brown the onion with a pinch of salt to fire with medium or low intensity for about 14 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Add the remaining vegetables, carrots and potatoes, to the sauce. Add water, the amount necessary until it just covered. Cover.
- Cook with lid for about 15 minutes at medium intensity.
- During the last 3 minutes of cooking, add 2 tablespoons turmeric and stir well until blended completely. Add turmeric at the end of cooking so as not to lose the medicinal components.
- Blend until creamy consistency and salt to taste.
- Serve hot as a main dish.
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds or cheese on top (They will provide certain amount of protein and minerals to the recipe).
More information about turmeric recipes and properties.
22 April, 2019