Delicious recipe with Swiss chard
- Bread dough (you can buy it at the bakery)
- 1Kg of chards
- 1 large onion
- 2 boiled eggs in cubes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and a teaspoon of herbs de Provence
- 6 chopped walnuts
- Boil the chard, clean it and chop it, drain it and reserve it. (You can use the herbal water for cooking: soups, rice…)
- We will put the oil in a skillet and sauté the chopped onion and garlic with a little salt, when the chard is golden, we will stir occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and add nuts, eggs and herbs of Provence, and stir well.
- Prepare the pies with the dough, making balls the size of tennis balls or a little smaller (with clean floured hands to prevent the dough from sticking) and crush them in a circle, to which we will add a portion of filling and close it, folding each pie in a half crescent shape, with a cord on the edge, with the fingers or pressing it with the tines of a fork, tracing small crevices.
You can decorate them, painting them with egg and adding a little bit of poppy seeds or sesame seeds.
We will cook them on a tray with cooking paper at 200°C. We will try to put them separated so they do not come together when cooked (they grow quite a lot).
More information about chard.
4 March, 2021