Fava beans recipes
SOUP OF FAVA BEANS WITH NOPALES RECIPE
- 180g. fava beans
- 150g. of fresh nopalitos, cut into cubes
- 5 roasted tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 potato
- 2 cilantro sprigs
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cayenne peppers or guajillo chiles, hydrated in hot water
- Olive oil
- Cook the fava beans in boiling salted water.
- Wash and peel the potatoes, cut into cubes.
- Cut the onion fine, same with the garlic and pepper.
- In a pan, fry the chopped onion with garlic, peppers, chilies and potatoes with a pinch of salt.
- Add and remove the nopalitos
- Add the cooked fava beans.
- Boil all ingredients over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Top with chopped fresh cilantro, turn off heat, cover and let stand 10 minutes.
Properties of fava beans soup
Delicious and healthy recipe, full of natural antioxidant and medicinal components.
Nutritionally, this recipe gives us fiber and slowly absorbed carbohydrates that provide lasting energy and satiety, which prevents us from eating between meals. Because it contains vegetable protein, it is a very nutritious dish.
Ideal as an entree at lunch.
More information on fava beans.
28 September, 2023