Grated carrots with lemon recipe
Ingredients of grated carrot salad with squeezed lemon
The recipe is as simple as the title of it:
- Raw carrots
- Extra virgin olive oil or other (unrefined) vegetable oil first cold pressed
Recipe on how to prepare grated salad with carrots and lemon
- Wash and peel the carrots.
- With a grater or with an automatic machine, grate the carrots
- Squeeze a lemon on the grated carrot immediately to minimize vitamins and flavonoids loss.
- When serving, season it with vegetable oil.
- Serve as a salad.
You can prepare a good bowl of grated carrots with lemon juice and keep refrigerated for 2 or 3 days.
Although vitamin C is a bit more sensitive to oxidation, beta carotenes are very stable and preserve for a long time.
*Related information: Grated carrot with lemon properties
More information on carrots.
11 February, 2020