What are grated carrots good for?
Properties of grated carrot with lemon
Grated carrot with squeezed lemon and virgin olive oil is a very easy and simple recipe that has many benefits for both children and adults.
Although it is a very simple preparation, it is delicious and very healthy. You can usually introduce it into other food as salads.
What nutrients do grated carrots bring?
It is a very refreshing and antioxidant salad.
It provides many nutrients for skin care and improve the health of all digestive organs, if gastritis or digestive ulcers.
Carrots are also recommended for children and people with recurrent intestinal problems (gas, bloating, intestinal diseases,…).
More benefits of carrots…
Carrots are also the richest vegetables in beta carotene , with antioxidant and vitaminic properties. Once in the body, beta carotene is converted into vitamin A, a remedy for healthy eyes and good vision.
For all the properties mentioned, it would be very healthy eating carrots daily.
It is recommended to dress them with oil because, in addition to providing essential fatty acids, fats increase the absorption of beta-carotene, so an first cold pressed oil (such as olive raw extra virgin oil) is recommended.
Squeezed lemon dressing increases the vitamin C content of this salad. It is known that vitamin C is necessary to form collagen, which constitutes the basic structure of the skin, bone and nail tissue. It also shortens the time and prevents cold (highly recommended in smokers, people with high stress aand premature aging.
Whom grated carrot is recommended for?
Although it is a very simple preparation, it is delicious and highly recommended for all ages, but especially for:
- Digestive problems: It is a recipe that helps care for the intestinal mucosa and is recommended in most affectations of the stomach and intestines: acidity, heartburn, ulcers, diarrhea, etc.
- Smoking: Smokers should considerably increase their intake of antioxidants to prevent premature aging, poor circulation, and other problems resulting from smoking.
- Diabetes and poor circulation: Raw carrot is very suitable for diabetics. Protects the health of vision and improves circulation.
- Obesity and Cholesterol: All people with excessive body fat can benefit from this satiating and nutritious salad, which will also help improve circulation and lower cholesterol.
- Pregnancy and lactation: Recommended in this case because of its high content in beta carotene and antioxidants. One should also add avocado, for its high content of folic acid, very necessary in these stages.
*Related information: Grated carrot with lemon recipe
More recipes and information on carrots.
17 April, 2020