Guava jam recipe and nutritional properties
GUAVA JAM PROPERTIES
Guava jam is a preparation with almost no fat, which gives us energy in the form of sugars.
It is an ideal condiment to take for breakfast or snack when we need to take energy to work during the day or evening.
This recipe must be tempered in case of diabetes.
GUAVA JAM RECIPE
Ingredients of guava jam
- 2 kg. guava
- 1 kg. brown sugar. The sugar quantities depend on each person’s palate. Some recipes add the same amount of sugar than guava.
- Lemon juice
- 1.5 l. water
- Optional: cinnamon, cardamom seeds and cloves.
Preparation of guava jam
- Clean and peel the guavas.
- Cut the guavas into small pieces.
- Cook them in a saucepan over very low heat, with 2 cups of water and cover for 15 minutes.
- Strain to remove seeds from the pulp. Discard the seeds.
- In a saucepan, cook the guava with sugar and water (to cover). Add the lemon juice, cinnamon, cardamom and spices to taste.
- Remove carefully to prevent fruit from sticking.
- Cook over medium heat for 30 minutes, or when you have the desired texture.
- Still hot, pour the jam in glass jars and seal.
More recipes and information on guava.
2 December, 2021