Nutritional benefits and recipe of hummus
What is hummus?
Hummus is a type of salad or mash of Arabic origin that is usually prepared in the Middle East and Greece, especially in Lebanon, Syria, Turkey, Israel and Palestine.
Greece and Cyprus also have a variety of this dish.
Its use is spreading in the West countries vegetarian cooking:
HOW TO PREPARE HUMMUS
Photo of hummus
Ingredients of hummus
- 1 / 2 kilo of boiled chickpeas with their liquid
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed paste (tahini)) It can be purchased in most oriental food stores)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Ground black pepper
- Cayenne pepper
Preparation of hummus
- Grind with a shredderthe boiled chickpeas with their liquid, the tahini, and the garlic.
- Pour into the crushed mass1 tablespoon of Olive oil and two tablespoons of lemon juice and grind them again a bit so that all becomes well mixed.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fry for 1 to 2 minutes some cumin seeds and pour over the mixture.
Ways to serve: Serve cold on a plate. Normally it is usually served with corn tortillas (tortilla chips) and it is optionally decorated with other vegetables.
* Related information: Chickpeas recipes
More information on sesame seeds and other characteristics of sesame.