Lime jam recipe and benefits
– 1kg. lime
– 1 tablespoon lemon zest
– 800g organic sugar
– 1 berry cardamom
The day before preparing the jam:
– Wash and peel the limes. Book the whole limes in the fridge.
– Cut the skin of the limes into small pieces. This jam will contain the skin, and this must be properly soft. We must put it to soak in water overnight in the fridge.
Development of the jam:
– Cut the limes is very small pieces, so that the lime jam can be used best later.
– Strain the skins we have left to soak and reserve the water.
– In a saucepan, pour the sugar, limes, cut skins, lemon zest and spices.
– Mix water and add to the lime skin water, just enough to cover.
– Boil for one hour over low heat, stirring often, until most of the water has evaporated and it has got a gelatinous texture.
– The sugar that we add will bring more body and thickness to the jam. As we consume it in small quantities, it is not an extraordinary caloric dish.
It is an easy and delicious recipe for homemade jam that everyone will love. Taste it, please!
More information about lime.
21 April, 2022