AMARANTH WITH PUMPKIN
Amaranth with pumpkin recipe
– 1 cup washed and drained amaranth.
– A pumpkin washed, halved and empty seeds.
– 2 cups water or vegetable broth
– 2 onions, thinly sliced
– Sauté the onions with olive oil for 5 minutes over medium heat. Mix amaranth and toast lightly.
– Pour the mixture on the inside of the pumpkin (half and half).
– Add the vegetable broth and cook in oven for 45 minutes.
Properties of pumpkin with amaranth
It is also very diuretic due to its high vegetable content.
This recipe is suitable for coeliacs diet.
More information on amaranth recipes.
29 July, 2021