– Fresh lettuce, washed and drained
– Turnips, tender and fresh, well washed.
– Tomatoes, clean and cut into wedges
– Sunflower seeds, peeled and roasted
– Vinegar of Modena
– Cut the lettuce
– Place the lettuce on a plate
– Arrange the tomato slices on the plate, decoratively
– Grate the turnips on top of lettuce
– Sprinkle sunflower seeds over
– Season to taste with oil and vinegar.
– Serve as a starter or accompaniment.
It is a light meal, low in calories and very nutritious. It contains fiber, good quality fats (olive oil and sunflower seeds), vitamin C (turnip) and lycopene (tomato). It is definitely a purifying and diuretic dish, heart healthy.
More information about turnips.
22 April, 2019