How to make a vegan yogurt
VEGAN YOGURT WITH STRAWBERRIES RECIPE
In the picture: photograph of coconut milk. One can observe its creamy texture similar to yogurt.
Why a yogurt without milk?
This dessert is thought as a different idea of giving a nice dessert to people who can not take yogurt (people with allergies to cow’s milk, for example).
It consists of taking the creamy coconut milk to incorporate it into a puree of fruits in order to get a yogurt-like texture.
– Coconut milk or coconut whipped cream
– Fresh strawberries, washed and drained. Optional substitute: strawberry jam.
– In a bowl, place the chopped strawberries and mash them.
– In another bowl, place the coconut milk. You can add the coconut milk to the mixture either present yogurt in two phases (Placing the strawberry puree on top of the coconut milk).
– Serve on a wide glass or a glass of yogurt. Garnish with grated coconut.
This vegan yogurt is an ideal alternative for people allergic to milk and lactose intolerant. It is also a very nutritious dessert for athletes, and an energetic supplement, a vitaminizing and mineralizing support for any balanced diet.
Although the calcium intake is not equivalent to that one of a dairy dessert, coconut is a fruit rich in minerals and trace elements. We should add that this dessert does not provide us with lactic bacteria such as milk and yogurt does, but people who can not take dairy products can get these bifidobacteria by means of supplements sold in pharmacies.
* Related information: Mediterranean diet characteristics.
More information about Mediterranean diet.
8 June, 2021