Bechamel sauce recipe
What is white sauce?
White sauce, also called Bechamel sauce, is a sauce of undefined origin that has been attributed to different personalities (including Frenchman Louis de Bechamel, hence its name). It seems that, when there were no refrigerators, and the food had sometimes a very bad smell, this sauce allowed to disguise the smell.
White sauce was widely used during the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries by the wealthy, who were the only ones who could afford the consumption of milk.
Bechamel suace is a kind of recipe that is used as an accompaniment to certain dishes for casseroles. It is a very nutritious food that combines the properties of milk with the flour and Olive oil.
White sauce recipes
How to make white sauce?
|WHITE SAUCE RECIPE|
– 2 tablespoons olive oil or margarine.
– 2 tablespoons of flour.
– 400 ml of milk.
– A small onion, grated.
– Put two tablespoons of olive oil or margarine into the pan.
– When hot, saute the grated onion and add two tablespoons of flour gradually, stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
– Stir until the mixture becomes golden.
– Add milk and stir until it boils a couple of minutes.
– Add nutmeg.
White sauce is used for grilling vegetables, meats, fish, in combination with other sauces or as a base to make other sauces.
More information on natural medicine.
22 April, 2019