RECIPE: ACAI SALAD
Tropical salad with hearts of palm and Goji Berries
The Acai palm hearts are extracted from the top of the young stems. This delicious vegetable is sold canned and has earned the public gastronomy of many countries, including France that is the largest consumer.
- Lettuce (different varieties)
- Leaves of fresh spinach
- Linseed or other.
- Palm hearts of acai
- A ripe mango
In the photo: tropical salad with mango, goji berries, chia seeds and palm hearts.
- Drain the palm hearts.
- Wash and dry the leaves for salad.
- Wash, peel and cut mango in cubes.
- Cut hearts of palm into 2 long fingers at most.
- Prepare a plate of salad leaves decoratively.
- Divide the salad palm hearts
- Divide the diced mango.
- With your hands, pour the seeds where they appear to be nicer.
- Perform the same operation with Goji berries.
- Dress the mixture with honey, a few drops of vinegar (optional) and olive oil.
- Serve as a starter or to accompany main courses, such as veggie burgers, soy nuggets or grilled tofu.
Eating healthy should be a pleasure and this dish is the best example we can offer for this purpose. It is also ideal for salad lovers, or those who like to change, combine and try new flavors.
There is not enough in finding important nutrients in each meal, but we must seek for the colors, textures and smells that we like. If we dictate ourselves by our senses (striking appearance, taste, smell) and we focus on the variety, it is likely that we get a diet rich in nutrients, balanced and above all, enjoyable.
- A light meal without more fat than that we add because of the olive oil.
- It gives us lots of carotenes from green leaves and the delicious mango. Carotenoids are natural antioxidants that prevent aging and help the body deal with stress, smoking, physical activity and even the health of the arteries, improving cardiovascular health (important in hypertension, diabetes, cholesterol,...).
- The quality of fat is also important because it is rich in omega-9 oleic acid from olive oil that balances the intake of fats in our diet. In addition, chia gives us essential fatty acids Omega 3.
- Because of its fiber contents, this dish gives us quite a good sense of fullness. It is important to chew it well and eat it quietly for the body to enjoy this delicious meal. Recommended for people who want to lose weight with health, because of its satiating power can be very helpful to those craving for food.
More recipes and information about acai in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.