Home remedies for food odor
How to treat smelly feet at home
Phytotherapy. Plants for smelly feet
Suitable plants for foot odor contain the following properties:
- Bactericidal plants that help eliminate microorganisms causing feet odor.
- Aromatic plants, which serve to mask the odor of the skin
- Astringent plants, which decrease excessive sweating in feet, which is the main cause of the growth of bacteria that cause odor.
Herbs adequate to reduce foot odor
Among the medicinal plants that we can use to hide or reduce foot odor, we can point out the following:
- Oak (Quercus ilex) The astringent properties of oaks are suitable to reduce sweating, which is the breeding ground where odor-causing microorganisms develop on the feet. (Make a decoction with a handful of dried oak bark per liter of water for 15 minutes. Wash the smelly feet with the liquid to reduce excessive sweating, especially in summer. Very suitable for athletes, runners, cyclists or all those people who generally show sweaty feet)
- Chestnut (Castanea sativa) Like the previous tree, its bark is rich in tannins, having astringent properties which can decrease sweating of the feet. (Make a decoction with a handful of dry brown bark per liter of water for 15 minutes. Wash the feet with the liquid to reduce excessive sweating especially in summer, for athletes, runners, cyclists or all those people who tend to have much feet perspiration)
- Apple (Malus domestica) (Dilute half a litter of apple vinegar in a bowl of water. Take foot baths. Rinse with cold water and dry your feet well)
Apple cider vinegar eliminates
fungi and other microorganisms of the feet
- Loosestrife (Lythrum salicaria) It contains tannins, pectin and vitexin with bactericidal and astringent properties to reduce sweating in the feet and killing the bacteria that cause bad smell (decoction of a handful of dried flowers per liter of water. Wash your feet with the resulting liquid)
- Thyme (Thymus vulgaris) For excess sweating and as an antibacterial, (Decoction for ¼ hour of 100 g of dried plant per liter of water. Make a foot bath with this liquid warm. Rinse with cold water thoroughly dry and sprinkle talcum powder.)
Thyme decoctions decrease sweating feet
and fight germs odor causing
- Horsetail (Equisetum spp) (Infusion with a handful of dried plant in a pint of water Pour the liquid into a bowl and add water until it is warm. Take a foot bath for about 20 minutes a couple of times daily if you need it. Don't forget to rinse your feet with cold water thoroughly dry and sprinkle talcum powder on them.)
More information on feet odor in the listing above
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.