Potatoes with green beans properties
GREEN BEANS RECIPES
GREEN BEANS RECIPES
Benefits of the recipe:
It is s a dish low in fat and rich in fiber, which may be present in any balanced diet. Because it has been cooked at boiling temperature, so it retains the essential vitamins and minerals from vegetables (Frying temperature destroys some nutrients).
It is convenient to take boiled vegetables at least twice a week, because this is the way our body gets used to the natural taste of these foods, plus giving us health benefits.
Green beans, rich in carotenes, potassium and fiber, are antioxidant, diuretic and help reduce blood cholesterol levels. Consider that carrots, being rich in carotenoids, are healthy for your skin and can also give it a more attractive look.
People with diabetes and obesity should try replacing potatoes by carrots or other vegetables like turnips. Carrots give us half carbohydrates than potatoes, and besides they are absorbed more slowly because they contain fiber. Potatoes have a higher glycemic index, so they should be taken in moderation in case of diabetes.
Green beans with potatoes and carrots
Ingredients for four people:
- 1 / 2 kg of beans
- 300 g of potatoes
- 6 cloves of garlic.
- 2 onions.
- 2 carrots.
- Olive oil.
- Peel and clean the beans by removing the ends and the side fibers.
- Peel and clean the potatoes. Cut them into large pieces.
- Peel the onions and split them into four pieces each.
- Clean the carrots and cut into three or four pieces each.
- Peel the garlic.
- In a saucepan, pour enough water to cover all ingredients.
- When the water is boiling, pour the ingredients. When you return to boil, lower the intensity of the fire and simmer for 20 minutes.
Ways to serve
Serve hot as a starter. Season with Olive oil, and salt if necessary, on the same plate.
More information on natural food in the listing above
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.