Vitamins and minerals for the heart
SUPPLEMENTS FOR THE HEART
SUPPLEMENTS FOR MYOCARDIAL INFARCTUM can help prevent the onset of the same or help to complete the standard medical treatment. Do not forget that we must consult the doctor aboutt the use of these supplements, especially if we are taking any medication.
Among the main supplements we have:
- Vitamin A: withantioxidant properties may help prevent the oxidation of artery walls, which favors the development of atherosclerosis. The usual dose is set at 20,000 IU as beta carotene.
- Vitamin C with bioflavonoids: With antioxidant properties helps to keep artery walls healthy. The usual dose is usually about 500 mg of vitamin C and bioflavonoid 300 divided into two doses daily.
- Vitamin C: It constitutes, along with the previous ones, a good antioxidant. It prevents the hardening of the arteries. A standard dose of 100 IU which will gradually increase until 2000 is often indicated, divided in two doses. It can produce diarrhea, in which case one has to leave the treatment.
- Vitamin E: It prevents the oxidation of low density cholesterol and adherence to the arteries. The usual dose is set at 400 IU daily. It can interfere with blood thinners so it has to be consulted with the doctor.
- Folic acid (Vitamin B): It has been shown that folic acid can counteract the negative influence of homocysteine and prevent many cardiovascular diseases.
Folic acid along with other components of the vitamin B group (cobalamin and pyridoxine) neutralize homocysteine, one of the factors that determine poor circulation. (In people with high levels of homocysteine in the blood, an intake of 400-800 mcg daily, combined with the same amount of pyridoxine and cobolamin could prevent the emergence of many myocardial infarctions)
- Calcium and magnesium: Calcium prevents osteoporosis and prevents that the calcium extracted by the organism adheres to the arteries. The magnesium helps to assimilate calcium and prevents the cardiac arrhythmia.
The usual doses settle down in about 800 daily mgs of the first by about 400 daily mgs of the second. In case of renal problems consult the doctor.
- Selenium: Selenium protects the heart by reducing blood pressure. On the other hand reduces pain in attacks of angina pectoris. The usual dose is set to about 100 mg daily.
- Maitake: The ability to thin the blood and prevent clot formation makes many very good ally against heart disease, such as heart attacks. (Take a combination of reishi and maitake in capsule form under the terms of the information leaflet)
- Soy lechitin: It reduces cholesterol and helps break the plates of the arteries. It can be taken in capsules or granules. The usual dose is set to one or two tablespoons a day and a couple of capsules per day.
- Fish Oil: Fish oil supplements may be useful when the person does not eat a couple of meals with fish weekly. Like flax oil, it contains omega-3 fatty acids that help lower LDL cholesterol.
- White hawthorn: Standard supplements of white hawthorn can help prevent heart attacks, improve circulation and lower blood pressure
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale) It thins the blood, prevents thrombus formation and lowers blood pressure (Take 3 capsules of 250 mg per day, divided between meals)
More information on the heart its natural treatment in the listing above
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.