What is Knäckebrot bread?
Knäckebrot is a typical German bread. It is crisp (= "Knack", in German), and is made with butter and seeds. This bread is not fluffy, but a "cracker" ideal to spread cheese on or to use as a snack.
- 1 and ⅓ cups rye flour
- ¾ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 70g butter, melted
- ⅓ cup milk, a little more could be added if necessary.
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon of flax seed
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- Mix the flour with sugar, salt and butter.
- Add the milk slowly while kneading until a firm dough is formed.
- Dump the dough on a previously floured surface and knead it until becoming fine.
- Cut strips or cakes (as we want to be) of the mass.
- Place in a baking tray with baking paper greased with butter or oil.
- Bake them for 40 minutes at 180 ° C.
More information about rye in the listing above
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.