RECIPES OF LIME
It is a vegetarian adaptation to the traditional lime soup consumed in the province of Yucatan, Mexico. In the original recipe soup is usually made with chicken and chicken broth.
- 1 onion
- 1kg. of tomatoes for juice (or tomato sauce)
- 2 liters of vegetable stock
- Textured Soy Protein
- Juice of 5 limes
- Olive oil or high oleic sunflower oil for frying
- 6 corn tortillas
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 habanero chile, seeded, chopped (wash your hands after being in contact with chili)
- In a skillet, fry the corn tortillas into strips. When they start to brown, lower the heat to avoid burning the oil.
- Remove and let the pancakes fried on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- In a bowl, hydrate the textured soy with a little lime juice.
- In a pot, use some of the above oil to fry the onions over medium heat.
- When the onion is poached, add the garlic and spices: pepper, cinnamon and cloves. Stir over medium heat 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato juice and stir.
- Pour the broth, textured soy protein and salt.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the lime juice.
- Serve with chopped cilantro on top.
More information about lime in the listing above
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.
"Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication.