SIDE EFFECTS OF AGRIMONY
AGRIMONY ADVERSE EFFECTS
- Contact Dermatitis: The fresh plant can cause dermatitis in susceptible individuals.
- Photosensitivity dermatitis: Agrimony contains substances that can cause photosensitivity (coumarin glycosides), and sun exposure can cause dermatitis.
- Digestive disorders: one of the main applications of the agrimony is as vulnerary remedy, for its richness in tannins. Tannins have antidiarrheal effect, local anti-inflammatory and wound healing properties.
Is agrymony suitable for pregnancy?
- Not safe in pregnancy: Agrimony is known as a plant that influences menstrual cycles. Do not take if you are pregnant.
* More information: Plants and pregnancy.
Photo of agrimony
Due to the richness in tannins, agrimony can have some contraindications with some drugs and treatments. If you are taking some kind of medication, consult with your doctor.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.