BUCKWHEAT AND APPLE DESSERT
(Food without gluten)
- 1 cup of ground buckwheat
- In traditional porridge dishes, grain is ground to convert grains into large pieces. It can be prepared with whole grains, but it will be less thick.
- 2 tablespoons butter.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 and ½ cups apple juice
- Diced apple, dressed with lemon juice so is does not become brown.
- Orange zest
- Preheat oven to 180 Cº
- Wash 3 times buckwheat grain in water to dislodge any dust that may contain. Smash it to break some beans and set aside.
- Mix the butter, sugar, apple juice, apple into pieces, lemon zest, spices and buckwheat.
- Put in separate recipients and bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 120 Cº. For being well cooked, the liquid should cover all individual tubs, that's to say, double the amount of buckwheat.
It is a sweet and delicious recipe. Similar to the traditional rice pudding, but with taste less cloying because this grain has a very mild flavor with less starch.
The fiber content and grain starches will prevent us to be hungry between meals.
It is also a recipe suitable for coeliacs.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.