How to make vegetarian canapes
VEGETARIAN CANAPES RECIPES WITH EGGPLANT, TOMATO AND CHEESE
Photo of eggplant canapes
– Eggplant, washed, cut into slices and a pinch of salt
– Tomato, washed and sliced
– Sliced cheese for the filling. Optional mascarpone cheese, much more fatty but the result will be more creamy, or goat cheese, with a stronger flavor.
– Cheese gratin / fat cheese to cover.
– Preheat oven to 180 º C.
– In a prepared baking pan, assemble the canapes: a slice of eggplant below, half slice of cheese, a slice of tomato, half a slice of cheese, and finish with another eggplant. Add a little cheese for grilling, salt, pepper and spices.
– Bake for 20 minutes at 180 º C.
The preparation of this recipe is very easy, clean and simple, but, at the same time, it supports as many variations as your imagination permits.
– If we have children at home, this recipe is ideal for them. We can draw faces on top of eggplant with olives, corn, cheese, pepper,… simulate faces of “mummies” with thin strips of cheese and olives making eyes (ideal for Halloween),…
– If you want to do a more elaborate or elegant canapes, we can add mascarpone cheese, pepper, cover with another type of cheese or roasted red pepper, and garnish with olives or capers. We can also coat the eggplant with a little mustard, hummus, or combine with sweet, sweet or spicy paprika,…
– To improvise a different dinner, we can adapt this dish making a “vegetable aubergine” in this format: make canapes more layers, interspersed with roasted peppers, goat cheese, arugula, tofu, tomato, eggplant, grated egg,… garnish with pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds or sunflower seeds,…The range of foods is huge!
A calorie level, these simple canapes contain few calories per unit, depending on the type of cheese you use and the ingredients you add.. This recipe is very practical, economical, healthy, compatible with any healthy diet, weight loss, diabetes or hypertension.
More recipes and information about eggplant and nutrition
|*Related information: More information about eggplants|
12 May, 2021