CILANTRO CULTIVATION TIPS
Water frequently mainly during growth. Once it has established, it is tolerant to droughts. In fact, it needs hot summers to develop well
Cilantro required place
It can be planted directly in the garden or orchard on the floor or in pot.
It must be cultivated in demi-shade or in morning sun exposure.
It prefers the warm climates, although it tolerates heat and cold very well.
Warm temperatures favor the biggest quality of its essential oil.
Cilantro propagation and maintenance
- Propagate from seeds in spring and in autumn. It must be planted at a little depth (about 5 cm like maximum) it should be protected with stakes.
- Extreme temperatures facilitate the appearance of seeds.
- It can be planted in winter if one makes in a greenhouse. With superior temperatures to 15 º C, it takes a couple of weeks to germinate.
- It requires a well drained soil, light and fertile, better rich in loam.
- Grasses should be eliminated, especially when the plant is young.
More information on cilantro.
2 January, 2022