Gallbladder stones diet
How to eat properly to avoid formation of gallbladder stones
To avoid the formation of gallstones or prevent its recurrence we should take into account the following considerations:
- Drink plenty of water: Water is the medium in which all the toxins and minerals are dissolved It is expelled through the pores of the skin and urine.
An abundant and regular urination prevents sedimentation of the crystals of certain minerals that, when grouped, form stones in the kidney and the gallbladder.
We should drink especially when it is hot or when exercise physical has been carried out, and in other circumstances such as excessive sweating or diarrhea.
- Monitor food: Since calculi usually reappear, is very important to control our diet to prevent gallstones formation. we should avoid eating plenty of saturated animal fats and foods that contain cholesterol. It is better to adopt a vegetarian way of life abounding in natural foods, rich in fiber and carbohydrates.
- Low-fat diets, instead of fat-free diets: In spite of this, fat is necessary for the regular contraction of gallbladder. So, instead of dispensing with fat, it is better to undertake a low-fat diet. Fat-free diets are not recommended.
- Control obesity: Being obesity one of the triggers for this problem, a weight control would be very appropriate. It is recommended to adopt a balanced diet and practice some physical exercise.
- Avoid rapid weight loss: This increases the risk of gallstones. Diets containing 800 calories or less tend to increase the possibility of suffering gallstones.
- Do not skip meals: Eating regularly helps the bladder empty properly.
- Increase intake of magnesium, folate, calcium, and vitamin C: there are studies that have proved that a deficiency of these nutrients can be increase the risk of suffering from gallstones. The following table shows a list of foods that contain these vitamins and minerals.Do not eat too much animal protein. We should not consume too much animal meat or eggs. This type of food precipitates calcium in the urine and promotes the occurrence of calculi. Besides, this kind of food is very rich in uric acid, which causes sedimentation. Fish seems to be quite useful to prevent gallstones.
- Do not eat high oxalate foods: People suffering from a tendency to develop calcium-oxalate gallstones should avoid eating high oxalate food.
For example, foods with with a high contain of this component are: rhubarb, strawberries, Black tea, beets, spinachs,, wheat bran, walnuts, and chocolate.
Other foods containing it are: cauliflower, chard, coffee, figs, plums, parsley, peanuts and tomatoes. (More information about oxalate content of foods)
More information about gallbladder stones natural treatment.
20 June, 2020