– 250 g of raw hazelnuts.
– 250 g sugar
– A glass of water
– Pour water into the pan and heat the water. Add sugar and stir well with a wooden spoon to dissolve the sugar.
– Add the hazelnuts.
A) How to caramelize the sugar on the hazelnuts?: (This process takes between 9 and 10 minutes. During it, you must not fail to remove the components)
We must consider that they are kept very hot, so we must take care not to get burnt. Hot caramelized paste can stick to the skin, causing severe burns. (we will protect our hands with oven mitts and our eyes with glasses.
To caramelize the sugar over the hazelnuts, we must perform the following steps:
– Go on stirring as the water boils.
– After a few minutes, hazelnuts start to caramelize. Continue stirring.
– After a few minutes of stirring, the sugar appears as a white coating on hazelnuts. Continue to stir until they turn to caramelize.
– Once caramelized, turn off heat and prepare to separate the caramelized hazelnuts.
B) How to remove the caramelized hazelnuts?: To do this, perform the following steps:
– With a spatula or wooden spoon paddle out the hazelnuts and caramel from the pan.
– Place the sugared mass on top of marble kitchen.
– With the help of the spatula, try to separate the hazelnuts as much as possible as they are getting cold.
– Once separated, put them in a glass container.
How to serve?
More information about hazelnuts.
22 April, 2019