What is cypress essential oil?
It is the oil distilled from the twigs and leaves of cypress (Cipressus sempervirens).
The Latin name “sempervirens” means always alive, because the trees of this species live many years. They are often near churches to indicate long life.
It is a highly aromatic product.
Characteristics of cypress essential oil
It smells to earth and moss with sweet notes.
Medicinal properties of cypress essential oil
Main medicinal uses of cypress oil
Cypress essential oil is mainly used for the following purposes:
- Cleaning oily skin
- Treating cellulite
- Reducing confusing emotions.
- Improving lymphatic drainage which makes it also interesting for rheumatism, edema, or poor circulation
- Useful for the treatment of asthma, bronchitis, emphysema and whooping cough.
- With the essential oil of cypress lot of medicines are made.
Cypres oil is a great help for the respiratory system
Preparations of cypress help reduce respiratory spasms while exercising an astringent and anti-infective function, so that it helps fight microorganisms and decrease mucus content in the respiratory channels.
- Cough: Smooths throat, soothes irritation and decreases coughing in respiratory bacterial diseases, including whooping cough. The hemostatic capacity of this plant is able to control small bloody sputum (hemoptysis) that occur in some respiratororias disease by coughing. (Inhalations with hot water in which about 8 drops of cypress essential oil are dissolved)
- Bronchitis: Its use can reduce inflammation caused by the disease and eliminate excess secretions. (Inhalations with hot water in which about 8 drops of cypress essential oil are dissolved)
- Asthma: It reduces inflammation and allows the asthmatic person to breathe easier. (Decoction of a handful of leaves per liter of water. (Inhalations with hot water in which about 8 drops of essential oil are dissolved)
- Pharyngitis: It softens the pharynx and helps remove germs that cause inflammation. (Inhalations with hot water in which about 8 drops of cypress essential oil are dissolved)
- Cold: It helps fight colds, reduces the symptoms of the disease, reducing inflammation, reducing cough, helping to eliminate excess mucus, smoothing the throat, etc.
- Sinusitis: Suitable for swollen breasts and facilitate the disposal of excess mucus. (Inhalations with hot water in which about 8 drops of cypress essential oil are dissolved)
More information on cypress.
13 August, 2022