Who and when not to take elder?
What is elderberry and what is it used for?
Elder leaves and bark are toxic.
- Pregnancy and lactation: a safe dose of elderberry has not been established to take during pregnancy and lactation. In the absence of toxicological studies on its effects, it is recommended not to take this plant.
- The leaves, stems and bark are poisonous and should not be used
- No important contraindications for elder have been described. Due to its diuretic properties, it could interfere with:
- Medication for hypertension
- Medication for Varicose veins
- Medication for poor circulation or other diuretic drugs.
Check with your doctor before taking remedies with elderberry !!!
More information on elder
12 May, 2021