- 1 How to make scrambled eggs
- 2 ARE SCRAMBLED EGGS HEALTHY FOR YOU?
- 3 SCRAMBLED EGGS WITH ZUCCHINI AND ONIONS RECIPE
How to make scrambled eggs
ARE SCRAMBLED EGGS HEALTHY FOR YOU?
Many people usually ask themselves:
Are scrambled eggs healthy?
Eating scrambled eggs will increase my cholesterol?
Will I become fat if I usually eat scrambled eggs?
How can I reduce cholesterol in scrambled eggs?
Nutritional properties of scrambles eggs
This is a simple and easy dish to prepare that accepts many variations.
Do scrambled eggs contain much cholesterol?
Yes. they are very rich in cholesterol (1 egg yolk contains 200 mg. cholesterol, being the daily limit 300 mg.)
However egg yolk contains other nutrients that are important for health, specially:
- Lecithin: for your brain and arteries
- Vitamin A: For your eyes
- Vitamin D: For your bones
- Vitamin K: For blood clotting
Vegetable fiber balances cholesterol and fat from eggs
In some regions it is customary to make scrambled eggs for breakfast. A variant is to make scrambled eggs with tomatoes and onions
Do not mix scrambled eggs with fatty food
In non-vegetarian diets, there are people who mix scrambled eggs with meat (ham, bacon, etc.). In general, it is not recommended to cook them with meat, sausages, or very fatty foods.
Because of the many calories scrambled eggs provide, they are more suitable for lunch or breakfast, as they will help our brains work better during the day. At night, one should take only 1 egg or some eggs without yolk (yolk provides many calories because of its fat content).
In short, scrambled eggs are very suitable for delivering quality protein in every balanced diet. We must be careful to not take more than 5 eggs a week. If we do reach this amount, we can remove the yolk and take only the egg white the rest of the week. Another option is to choose lean protein sources like tofu.
SCRAMBLED EGGS WITH ZUCCHINI AND ONIONS RECIPE
Ingredients of scrambled eggs
Scrambled eggs with zucchini
How to prepare scrambled eggs
– Cut the onion and zucchini into cubes.
– In a skillet, sauté the onion with a little olive oil and salt.
– Beat the eggs.
– Add the zucchini to the pan and stir.
– Cover and cook for 2 minutes over medium heat to avoid burning.
– Uncover, add the beaten eggs and continuously stir to mix all ingredients.
– Serve as a main course with a salad and some bread to accompany.
More information about eggs
16 May, 2021