- 1 Is garcinia recommended to lose weight?
- 1.1 DOES GARCINIA CAMBOGIA REALLY MAKE YOU LOSE WEIGHT?
- 1.2 What is Garcinia cambogia?
- 1.3 What is Garcinia cambogia recommended for?
- 1.4 How does Garcinia cambogia work?
- 1.5 GARCINIA CAMBOGIA: IS IT A REALLY EFFECTIVE SUPPLEMENT?
- 1.6 SCIENTIFIC STUDIES ON GARCINIA CAMBOGIA
- 1.7 Garcinia to lose weight
- 1.8 Garcinia to increase serotonin levels
- 1.9 Hydroxycitric acid to increase glycogen stores
Is garcinia recommended to lose weight?
DOES GARCINIA CAMBOGIA REALLY MAKE YOU LOSE WEIGHT?
What is Garcinia cambogia?
Garcinia cambogia, the scientific name of Malabar tamarind, is a plant native to Indonesia. The fruit, similar to a small pumpkin, contains 30% of hydroxycitric acid.
One of its main advantages is that it does not present contraindications.
What is Garcinia cambogia recommended for?
It is indicated for the following cases:
Muscle Strength in Athletes: Fills up muscle glycogen stores, as well as help reduce body fat.
After a week of taking this supplement, a substantial loss of appetite is achieved, which results in lower food intake and a decrease in body weight.
Photo of capsules with extract of Garcinia cambogia. For the supplement to be effective you should follow a diet rich in fruits and vegetables.
How does Garcinia cambogia work?
The active principle of the extract is hydroxycitric acid. It also contains antioxidant like garcinol.
It influences metabolism by stopping fat production and providing early satiety.
GARCINIA CAMBOGIA: IS IT A REALLY EFFECTIVE SUPPLEMENT?
Given the economic business of slimming products, new supplements always generate mistrust. The same nutrition experts have different opinions on this type of supplements to achieve a weight loss.
However, all the indications described here have scientific studies supporting them, and their effects have been noted when people who wish to lose weight combine them with a hypocaloric diet.
SCIENTIFIC STUDIES ON GARCINIA CAMBOGIA
Garcinia to lose weight
Most studies conclude that it is effective for weight loss and that it helps to lose more pounds. And in general, all studies show a benefit by introducing this supplement – which has no contraindications – as an aid to weight loss.
Among the outstanding scientific literature we point out:
High dose of Garcinia cambogia is effective in suppressing fat accumulation in developing male Zucker obese rats. M. Saitoa, M. Uenoa, S. Oginoa, K. Kuboa, J. Nagataa, M. Takeuchib (2005).
Flavonoids from Garcinia cambogia lower lipid levels in hypercholesterolemic rats. Asha Sarah Koshy, L Anila, N.R Vijayalakshmi (2001).
Garcinia to increase serotonin levels
- Effect of hydroxycitric acid on serotonin release from isolated rat brain cortex. Ohia SE, Awe SO, LeDay AM, Opere CA, Bagchi D. Department of Pharmacy Sciences, School of Pharmacy and Allied Health Professions, Creighton University, Omaha, NE 68178, USA. (2001).
Hydroxycitric acid to increase glycogen stores
The active component of Garcinia has effects on the metabolism of fats. This is what the study explains:
Chemistry and Biochemistry of (−)-Hydroxycitric Acid from Garcinia. Human Resource Development, Central Food Technological Research Institute, Mysore 570 013, India (2001).
More information on garcinia.