Herbal supplements for varicose veins
The main function of supplements used in varicose veins is to improve blood circulation and strengthen blood vessels. It is important to consult your doctor before starting any medication.
– Evening primrose (Oenothera biennis) (Take evening primrose oil capsules according to the conditions of the patient information leaflet. Usually established on 250 mg of GLA per day) (Avoid unreliable brands due to the adulteration these oils are often subjected)
– Black currant (Ribes nigrum) Varicose veins are caused by poor circulation. The syrup of black currant fruits will improve conditions of varicose veins by reducing its size by reducing the pain and heaviness that produce (fruits, currant syrup black according to the conditions of the patient information leaflet. For sale in pharmacies and herbalists)
– Horse chestnut (Aesculus hippocastanum) (The safest way of taking this product is through a standard complement aescin to be found in pharmacies and herbalists. The usual dose is usually about 500 mg daily in the morning)
– Witch hazel (Hamamelis virginiana) (Clean affected area with watery or alcoholic extracts of witch hazel. They can be bought in pharmacies and herbalists. Apply them according to the conditions of patient information leaflet)
– Golden seal / Solomon’s seal (Hydrastis candensis) (Apply its ointment on inflamed varicose veins) (It can be bought in pharmacies and herbalists. Apply it according to the conditions of patient information leaflet)
Vitamins supplements for varicose veins
At the same time, because of its antioxidant properties, it can prevent free radicals to alter blood vessels cell health. The use of this vitamin, although it does not actually cure varicose veins, has a great effect on improving their condition and preventing them to become worse, specially when combined with bioflavonoids (Take supplements of this vitamin with bioflavonoids according to the conditions of the patient information leaflet)
Vitamin E and varicose veins: Vitamin E properties are similar to vitamin C in the context of varicose veins. Apart from being an important antioxidant, some investigations have proved that this vitamin can dilate blood vessels and improve blood circulation. (Take supplements of this vitamin according to the conditions of the patient information leaflet)
Other supplements for varicose veins
– Omega 3 fatty acids supplements: They can help make circulation more fluid, so they can reinforce other treatments.
– Blue fish supplements: Such as Omega 3 supplements, they are very interesting to improve circulation.
Rutin is sold in tablets. It is advisable to take along with hesperidin and quercetin, because it seems that these three components are complementary.
It is also sold in capsules, either alone or with other flavonoids. It should be taken in accordance with the conditions of the patient information leaflet, which is typically set to about 100 or 500 mg daily, with the possibility of increasing the dose if the doctor considers it necessary)
– Hesperidin supplements: Its properties are virtually the same than rutin, although it is used especially as a protector of the capillaries, making it suitable for the treatment of varicose veins, or hemorrhoids, or for people prone to suffer bruises and small veins on the skin, such as spider veins.
It is sold in capsules, either alone or with other flavonoids. It should be taken in accordance with the conditions of the patient information leaflet.
More information about varicose veins natural treatments.