Bad effects of cardamon
CARDAMON ADVERSE EFFECTS
What side effects can cardamom have?
- Bowel Disorders: cardamom can trigger outbreaks and digestive disorders to people with dumping syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease, Crohn’s disease and irritable bowel syndrome.
- Biliary colic: cardamom contains substances that can stimulate the digestive system and can increase the symptoms of biliary colic.
- Contact dermatitis: in sensitive individuals, cardamom can cause contact dermatitis caused by the content of terpenes in the seed.
- Vomiting, nausea and diarrhea: the aromatics content in the seeds can cause various gastrointestinal symptoms when taken in large quantities.
Precautions before taking Cardamom
- Do not take cardamom if pregnant: Cardamom is not recommended for pregnant women because it is suspected it might have some emmenagogue effect.
Whole capsules of cardamom seeds
- Take infusion or cardamom powder if you have cramps, DO NOT take the whole seed. Sometimes cramps can be a symptom of diverticulitis. If you usually have painful cramps. In this cases, you should consult your doctor.
- Cardamom essential oil contains all the aromatic substances concentrated, so, if you take doses higher than those recommended by the therapist, it can easily cause side effects. See the following links:
More information about cardamon in the listing above
Cardamon side effects
22 April, 2019