Uses and benefits of orange essential oil
Characteristics of sweet orange essential oil
– Profile of the plant: This oil is squeezed from the sweet orange peel, the fruit of the sweet orange tree, a tree native to China.
Characteristics of orange essential oil
- Sweet, warm, mildly acidic and rewarding.
- It is a fragrance of high note, whose smell is perceived quickly by having very volatile components.
Properties of orange essential oil
This oil can be considered:
Main uses of orange essential oil
- The essential oil of orange tree relieves congested skins and depression, mood swings, anxiety and emotional stress.
- In aromatherapy is attributed properties to lift the mood, tone the mind and increase intellectual concentration.
- Applied topically, it is antiseptic.
Toxicity of the essential oil of orange tree
The essential oil of orange tree is photosensitizer, avoid exposure to the sun or UVA rays during 12 hours after its application.
* Related information: Orange blossom properties
More information on other essential oils and orange
26 November, 2019