Uses and benefits of orange blossom
What is the orange blossom?
Orange blossom (“azahar” flower in Spanish) has an exceptional aroma.
Characteristics of the flower of orange blossom
Orange flowers are white and are distinguished by its very fragrant aroma.
They have 5 petals and numerous stamens. The flowers are collected in spring and should be dried extended so that they retain their aromatic properties better. Then they will be stored in a dry and dark place.
Uses of orange blossom
Properties of orange blossom and its benefits
The preparations with flowers of orange blossom have the following main properties:
- Tranquilizer: With the flowers of the bitter oranges, the orange blossom water is prepared, which is used as a sedative to facilitate sleep, remedy against insomnia, and to revive in case of fading, heart palpitations, etc. The infusion with sweet orange flowers can replace it.
- Stomachic: Orange blossoms or orange flowers combat stomach spasms (6 flowers per cup of water infused for 3 minutes, take 3 to 4 cups per day)
- Stomach ulcer: Orange blossom flowers are used in combination with other plants such as chamomile or linden to treat stomach ulcers. (Mixed infusion of equal parts chamomile, lime and orange flowers 1 teaspoon per cup for 30 minutes 3 cups a day)
- Carminative: To expel intestinal gas, flatulence problems, cramps or swollen belly (The same decoction seen above)
* More information: Orange essential oil
More information on oranges.
29 July, 2020