Canned olives recipe
PROPERTIES OF CANNED OLIVES
This recipe also contains aperitive properties due to its wealth in digestive herbs.
Attention!!! Canned leaves are sodium-rich so this must be taken into account in people with hypertension or those who use to retain liquids
HOW TO PREPARE CANNED OLIVES?
Ingredients of canned olives
- Green olives
- Fresh savory, to taste
- Fresh rosemary, to taste
- Fresh thyme, to taste
- Fresh oregano, to taste
- A bay leaf
- Optional: orange peel
- Glass containers, tightly closed, to keep the olives.Different varieties of olives containing herbs
Preparation of canned olives
- Cover the olives with water for seven days and change the water every day.
- Prepare the brine water ratio: 10:1 salt. That is, for example, 10 liters of water per 1kg. salt.
- Pack the olives with brine in airtight glass jars. Place the herbs in each jar.
- Note the date of filling on the glass lid with a marker or a label.
Canned leaves can be consumed from the third or fourth month on.
They expire after a year and a half of its packaging.
More information on cured olives and properties of olives.
12 October, 2021